“What are the main indications for abdominoplasty, how to avoid complications and get the best result?” answers Dr. Suren Sahakyan.
Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) is a complex plastic surgery aimed at removing excess skin and adipose tissue from the abdomen in order to restore the aesthetic qualities of the abdominal wall.
Many patients, especially those who are overweight, want to create a waist and generally improve their figure immediately and as much as possible without dooming themselves to exercise and diet. It is understandable that for some patients this intervention seems to be a simple and reliable measure that can solve their problems. In these cases, it is advisable to recommend patients to reduce body weight, after consulting with a gastroenterology dietitian.
Abdominoplasty can be combined with suturing of the abdominal muscles and removal of hernias. Today, many women have a deformity of the abdomen, which can be provoked by various factors. Often because of this defect, patients develop an inferiority complex. And excess body fat in the abdomen and often accompanying excess weight negatively affect all systems and organs. In addition, an increase in the abdomen is often combined with relaxation of the muscles of the aponeurotic layer, prolapse of the internal organs and reduced intra-abdominal pressure. This often causes:
- loss of stomach tone;
- urinary incontinence;
- discomfort and pain in the abdomen;
- digestive disorders;
- irregular stool.
Many doctors also claim that this has a negative effect on the cardiovascular system, as it was noticed that in many patients, swelling of the extremities disappeared after the procedure.
In plastic surgery, the criteria for an ideal abdomen include:
- dense, without any sagging, the abdomen near the groin, expressive waist;
- in the epigastric zone there should be a median groove;
- in the tissues located in the center there is no tension, they are characterized by a slight protrusion in the hypogastric zone and a slight concavity in the epigastric.
Very often, after childbirth, women may experience a complication in the form of a bulging abdomen, which does not disappear, even if it is retracted.
The main causes of postpartum abdominal deformity include:
- excess adipose tissue and / or skin;
- too stretched skin and / or the presence of keloid scars;
- overstretching of the abdominal muscles.
Due to the fact that during pregnancy the size of the contents in the abdominal cavity increases, vertical and horizontal stretching of the muscular-fascial layer, stretching of the skin and diastasis of the rectus muscles occur. As a rule, this is a reversible process, although in some women this area is not restored. The degree of stretching of the abdominal muscles depends on the size of the fetus and the elasticity of the muscle tissue.
Fortunately, abdominoplasty can easily solve these problems.
Main indications for abdominoplasty
This operation is aimed at removing excess skin and fat in the abdomen, but this is not the only reason why the intervention is recommended. Indications for abdominoplasty include:
- excess skin and adipose tissue. In this case, the operation is performed only when the stomach does not disappear after diets and sports;
- the presence of rough scars and scars formed after previous operations performed in the lower abdomen;
- prolapse of the abdominal muscles and the formation of an “apron”;
- if the patient is contraindicated for liposuction, but he wants to get rid of excess fat on the anterior abdominal wall;
- if the patient has stretch marks that are combined with excess fat in the lower abdomen;
- if the abdominal muscles diverge or there is a general flabbiness and stretching of the muscles of the abdominal cavity;
- the presence of folds on the abdomen;
- the presence of excess skin in the navel;
- lack of expressiveness of the waist contour.
This means that if there is at least one of the mentioned indications, the plastic surgeon may recommend this operation.
#пластическаяхирургия #пластикаживота #абдоминопластика #tummytuck #abdominoplasty